Re: replica uri don't allow uri (Was: slurpd questions)

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

--On Saturday, January 08, 2005 8:57 AM +0100 Pierangelo Masarati <ando@sys-net.it> wrote:

Turbo Fredriksson wrote:

Quoting Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@stanford.edu>:

Standards, Environments, and Macros                 SLAPD.CONF(5)

    replica
         uri=ldap[s]://<hostname>[:port]|host=<hostname>[:port]

Since it states 'uri=...', then i though that 'ldapi' would be allowed but it don't seem to work. Neither do 'ldaps'...

In the code there's nothing that preents it from being a ldapi:// (I'm
talking about HEAD, of course, I didn't check back to 2.2).  Actually, I
was able to use a ldapi:// URI for syncrepl with no issues.

The above is a slurpd statement, not a syncrepl statement, which is the context we were discussing this in. :) AFAIK, ldapi:// does not work with slurpd, and if it does, the man page for the "replica" clause does not list it, so there would be a documentation bug if it does. ;)

OK, I overlooked the statement. Looking at the code, however, the "uri" parameter of the "replica" statement is arsed and the host is extracted, but no info about the protocol part is retained. I guess that's why even "ldaps" appears not to work. I think we need to decide whether to honor the protocol part (in that case "ldapi" shoudl work as well) or to discard the "uri" option.

p.