Re: replica uri don't allow uri (Was: slurpd questions)

--On Saturday, January 08, 2005 8:57 AM +0100 Pierangelo Masarati <ando@sys-net.it> wrote:

Turbo Fredriksson wrote:

Quoting Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@stanford.edu>:

Standards, Environments, and Macros                 SLAPD.CONF(5)

    replica
         uri=ldap[s]://<hostname>[:port]|host=<hostname>[:port]

Since it states 'uri=...', then i though that 'ldapi' would be allowed but it don't seem to work. Neither do 'ldaps'...

In the code there's nothing that preents it from being a ldapi:// (I'm
talking about HEAD, of course, I didn't check back to 2.2).  Actually, I
was able to use a ldapi:// URI for syncrepl with no issues.

The above is a slurpd statement, not a syncrepl statement, which is the context we were discussing this in. :) AFAIK, ldapi:// does not work with slurpd, and if it does, the man page for the "replica" clause does not list it, so there would be a documentation bug if it does. ;)

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITSS/Shared Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html