Default checkpoint value WAS: Re[4]: openldap db wiped?

Shouldn't openldap default to checkpointing at a minimum of once a day or so - if no checkpoint value is given in the config file?  If a checkpoint value is given, then that overrides the default.

I got hit once by this too, when we moved from ldbm to bdb... Suddenly when a kill -9 occurred on slapd (which was quite common for a while, as our server would never shut down properly without hanging) I discovered that it was tossing out any changes that had been made.

Dan