Re: Question about Openldap+Oracle10g

Pu,

I'm currently maintaining back-sql, and I have no experience in using it
with Oracle as RDBMS (nor I have the chance, the time or the resources to
test it).  The only databases that are actively maintained are (in order
of preference, based on our customers' requirements) PostgreSQL, IBM
DB2/UDB and MySQL.  I suggest you look at the files provided in the pgsql
directory, and at the README in rdbms_depend/ of HEAD, and modify them in
order to comply with Oracle's needs.  I'd appreciate if, in case of
success (e.g. with sql-test000 and sql-test900 that are available in HEAD
code) you send back the working files to update the distribution.  There
should be someone out there that happily uses back-sql with Oracle (don't
know what version, if it ever matters); they might be able to help you,
although I suspect the problem essentially related to some silly error in
the example files.  BTW; I note that the corresponding files in HEAD
underwent some updates, which didn't make it into the distribution
essentially because they're untested.  I suggest you try the files in HEAD
first, and, in case of failure, you try to fix those instead of the
distributed ones.

p.

PS: in the mailing list address you're sending to there's a non-ASCII char
which renders like a "t" (in "openldap-software").  This is causing one of
my mail clients to fail.  Unless it's intended, I suggest you replace that
char with a regular ASCII "t".

--
Pierangelo Masarati
mailto:pierangelo.masarati@sys-net.it