Re: Building 2.2.19 from source

--On Friday, December 31, 2004 8:16 AM -0700 Craig White <craigwhite@azapple.com> wrote:

On Fri, 2004-12-31 at 09:06 -0500, Jonathan Higgins wrote:
ive had some problems with compiling on RHELv3.. that had the same
result after a configure --Makefile is empty-- ,but it usually had to do
with a perl build.. but I digress.. the fix is to change the default
LANG from en_US.UTF.8 to en_US

# export LANG=en_US

then give your ./configure another go..
----
that helped but train fell off the track later...

went back and compiled separate branch of openssl for /usr/local and
then went back to heimdal and cyrus-sasl - ran config again for both,
make clean, make, make install for the new version of openssl.

Problem is in 'make' step for openldap

In file included from /usr/include/openssl/ssl.h:179,
                 from tls.c:41:

Hm, if you have openssl installed in /usr/local, this doesn't seem to be where OpenLDAP is pulling in the include file from, because this is /usr/include, and not /usr/local/include...

If your openssl bits are in something like /usr/local/openssl/include, you'll want to add "-I/usr/local/openssl/include" to your CPPFLAGS.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITSS/Shared Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html