Re: Configuration help

At 12:16 AM 12/11/2004, Sasa Stupar wrote:
>When following Quick Start Guide I get at the step to add initial
>entries in my database. From the command to add entries from the ldif
>file I get:
>#ldapadd -x -D "cn=Manager,dc=xmail,dc=homelinux,dc=net" -W -f file.ldif
>Enter LDAP Password:
>ldapadd: no attributes to change or add
>(entry="dc=xmail,dc=homelinux,dc=net     objectclass: dcObject
>objectclass: organization     o: MIG29     dc: xmail")

I'd guess your LDIF file is malformed.  Likely either a
problem with leading spaces and/or end-of-line markers.

>my /etc/openldap/ldap.conf:

When following the Quick Start Guide, this file should
be irrelevant, as you should start by putting all options
on the command line necessary for proper processing.

>and my /etc/ldap.conf

This file isn't used by OpenLDAP Software.

>my file.ldif (for inport initial data):
>---
>dn: dc=xmail,dc=homelinux,dc=net
>objectclass: dcObject
>objectclass: organization
>o: MIG29
>dc: xmail
>
>dn: cn=Manager,dc=xmail,dc=homelinux,dc=net
>objectclass: organizationalRole
>cn: Manager

Looks okay here in this email, suggest you look closely at
it in text editor.

Kurt