Re: How to enforce strong passwords in Openldap?

On Wednesday 01 December 2004 3:17 pm, Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
> Mike Partyka wrote:
> >I see, thanks for the info. Is there any other way to enforce password
> >policy within the ldap directory then?
>
> As discussed earlier in this thread
> http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200412/msg00001.html ,
> the ppolicy overlay is supposed to work even with 2.2.19.  At the moment
> I don't see any other chance of implementing anything like that, except
> writing your own.
>
> p.
>

>     SysNet - via Dossi,8 27100 Pavia Tel: +390382573859 Fax: +390382476497

I am fairly new to openldap, but I began constructing a local.schema with the
info listed at:

http://www.openldap.org/software/man.cgi?query=slapo-ppolicy&apropos=0&sektion=0&manpath=OpenLDAP+2.X-Devel&format=html
(previously listed by Pierangelo Masarati)

I would be greatly appreciative if someone would post the policy completed. I
will continue working on it (simply because I need it).  So far I just have
the objectclass "pwdPolicy" and attributes listed. Will I need much more than
the attributes and the objectclass? I mean will I have to define any other
variables, etc. for this to work correctly?

Thanks
--
Corey L. Johnson