Re: index and debug issues

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 01:37:27 +0000, FRLinux <frlinux@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am running openldap 2.1.30 from Debian sid (unstable) since a couple
> of months but    just noticed that /var/log/debug is filling quite
> quickly. To give you an example, in an hour and a half running slapd,
> debug get 400000+ entries with the line daemon. An example of logs is
> pasted below. Notice the index failed line, still in that hour and a
> half, i have been getting 8000+ messages containing an index failed
> error.

=)  Funny, I just started a new project on my Debian 31. Ultrasparc
last week.  Mine, however revolves around SSl and isnt working.  I get
a lot of output into /var/log/debug

What does your /etc/ldap/slapd.conf say about loglevel?

Does you /etc/init.d/slapd start-up script *manually* set the logging
level or maybe you can look in /etc/defaults/slapd

When I turned off loglevel (IE, set it to 0 instead of -1 inside of
/etc/ldap/slapd.conf) I get only ONE line of output into
/var/log/debug -

Nov 30 21:11:43 debian slapd[2406]: slap_open_listener: socket()
failed for AF_INET6 errno=47 (Address family not supported by
protocol)

Which is all that i would expect.

HTH/Bill

--