Re: weird performance issue

Jacob Walcik wanted us to know:

>on a whim, i built a 2.4.x kernel for the machine (it was running
>2.6.9).  that seems to have cleared everything up.  searches are now
>lightening fast.  is there any sort of known issues regarding 2.6.x
>kernels and openldap?  i'm using the exact same kernel on multiple

I'm using 2.6.5 on a Gentoo box for my two ldap servers with no
problems.  I've not tried a newer version of the kernel, so I cannot
provide any more reference than that.  But hopefully this gives you a
stable place to start.

--
Regards...		Todd
OS X: We've been fighting the "It's a mac" syndrome with upper management