Re: Openldap 2.2.19 cannot find db-4.3.21

Igor Brezac wrote:

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

--On Tuesday, November 30, 2004 1:03 PM -0500 Igor Brezac <igor@ipass.net> wrote:

BDB 4.3.21 is not self-contained. This is a bug with the sleepycat build
process.

In the meaning time, you can build openldap as follow:

LIBS=-lrt ./configure ....

Well, since you asked about bugs in 4.3.21, this is one of the ones I reported. ;)

Sleepycat bug #11437, for those who are tracking these things.

Another bug I found involves using the in-memory logs as a replacement for DB_TXN_NOSYNC. If you have a DB with more than approximately 66,000 entries, and you add it with the in-memory logs, the add will fail.

I think you meant DB_TXN_NOT_DURABLE

As long as you do not use DB_LOG_INMEMORY, this should not be an issue.

As Quanah mentions, not using this can be quite annoying during slapadd/slapindex.

Sleepycat also mentioned in passing in one of my email exchanges with them that they have several other patches for 4.3.21 as well.

Performance testing on 4.3.21 found it to be markedly slower on Solaris than 4.2.52 as well.

How much of a performance hit do you see? In one of his recent messages, Howard mentioned that he exclusively uses 4.3.21...

I also don't test on Solaris as frequently as I do on Linux...

--
 -- Howard Chu