Re: syncrepl entryuuid index

Dusty Doris wrote:

I have been testing syncrepl today on some lab machines using openldap
2.2.18.  I have found it to work well as soon as I set it up.  However, I
noticed the following in my logs whenever I added an entry to the master
server.

From the slave servers
slapd[15190]: <= bdb_equality_candidates: (entryUUID) index_param failed
(18)

I searched the archives and found a similar issue posted before.  I went
ahead and added eq indexing to the entryUUID field and this stopped the
error, as suggested in the archives.

Is this something that should be done when using syncrepl?  If so, I
thought about adding this to the FAQ at

Just wanted to make sure that this is something that you should actually
do.

Yes, it is definitely beneficial. I have considered adding code in OpenLDAP 2.3 that tries to force this by default, but it may just be better to document the suggestion.

--
 -- Howard Chu