Re: weird performance issue

--On Monday, November 29, 2004 2:00 PM -0800 Todd Lyons <tlyons@ivenue.com> wrote:

Jacob Walcik wanted us to know:

i'm using the same indexes (i ran slapindex after starting slapd on
the new server),  the same pam setup for both servers, and switching

Run it before.

Actually, if you had the indexes in slapd.conf when you slapadded the database, there is no need to run slapindex. And, I've almost always found a slapcat/slapadd of the DB to be significantly faster than a slapindex of the DB if you have it recompute all the indices.

does anyone have any suggestions as to what i should start tweaking to
improve performance?  i've looked at the suggestions in the openldap

Yes, you need to properly configure via DB_CONFIG. Since you excluded that file from your configuration list, there is no way to give you suggestions about what to do there.

I also suggest migrating to OpenLDAP 2.2 with Berkeley BDB 4.2. It is faster than OL 2.1 with BDB 4.1. ;)

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITSS/Shared Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html