Re: Problem while starting slapd

--On Saturday, November 27, 2004 5:14 PM +0530 Bhavesh kumar Ravjibhai Kamani <bhavesh@deeproot.co.in> wrote:

Hello!
         I am using openldap2.2.17 on the Debian system. and I am
including one schema named qmail.schema, which is writen by my
senior. But when I am trying to start slapd, it is not starting
and gives following error:

/home/bhavesh/tmp/try/ldap2.2.17/etc/openldap/schema/qmail.schema: line
81: AttributeType inappropriate matching rule: "caseIgnoreSubstringsMatch"

And in the log:

Nov 27 17:13:43 abhyas cupsd: nss_ldap: could not connect to any LDAP
server as (null) - Can't contact LDAP server
Nov 27 17:13:47 abhyas slapd[21796]: @(#) $OpenLDAP: slapd 2.2.17 (Nov 27
2004 14:55:06) $ ^Iroot@abhyas:/tmp/openldap-2.2.17/servers/slapd
Nov 27 17:13:47 abhyas slapd[21796]: daemon: IPv6 socket() failed errno=97
(Address family not supported by protocol)
Nov 27 17:13:47 abhyas slapd[21796]: slapd stopped.
Nov 27 17:13:47 abhyas slapd[21796]: connections_destroy: nothing to
destroy.

When I am including the same schema in openldap2.1.29 then it is starting and working fine.

What should I do to remove the error, please tell me.

Examine the schema and see how it differs from the other 2.2 schemas so you know what changed for the matching rule for that attribute. Note that qmail.schema is not a schema supported by or distributed by OpenLDAP, so you really should contact the maintainer of the qmail schema and ask them to fix it.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer