Re: How long to wait for Private Enterprise Number?

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 13:26:32 +0100, Heiko Noordhof <heik0@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> At 10 october I completed the "Application for Private Enterprise
> Number" form at iana.org in order to get a number to use for a custom
> schema. It's about 45 days ago now, and I'm starting to wonder if
> something went wrong.  One day later I did receive a confirmation e-mail
> (with my own address specified as the sender).

It took 38 days for me to get mine:
-I applied for mine on the 20th of Sept.
-I received a confirmation request 15 days later (5th of Oct.) with
the following subject line:
    Re: Application for Enterprise-number (New Confirm)
-I immediately replied to confirm.
-Twenty-three days after that (28th of Oct.), I finally received the
email containing my number assignment, with the following subject
line:
    Re: Application for Enterprise-number (New Confirm) (Assigned)

Just thought I'd let you know that it took a bit longer than a week or
two for at least one other person.

Jon