Re: How to get the Directory's last modification time?

fre, 26.11.2004 kl. 21.43 skrev Dieter Kluenter:

> >> Sorry I gave a wrong information. The monitor backend is not storing
> >> the modify timestamp, yet, but only the number of operations. The
> >> 'lastmod' overlay, which is part of HEAD, is providing something
> >> similar.
>
> [...]
> > Now tell me - who is right?
> > I'll reinstall my openldap to enable the monitor backend only if this
> > can solve my problem. Does it solve, or it doesn't?
>
> It's Friday, so excuse Tony :-)
> No, with the monitor backend you cannot read the monitored timestamp,
> but only the number of modifying operations. But with the lastmod
> overlay you can get the timestamp of the last modify operation.

I don't have HEAD, I have 2.1.18.

But depending on perms, 'ldapsearch -x -b
cn=modify,cn=operations,cn=monitor -s base modifyTimestamp' gives the
required result for me. What am I doing wrong?

--Tonni

--
The bottom line is, that after setting the cart among the pigeons, at the
end of the day I can see the carrot at the end of the tunnel

mail: tonye@billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl

They love us, don't they, They feed us, won't they ...