attribute-size, database-size

Hi,

we are not sure, if a specially solution is well done with ldap. For that, we
have some questions and hope to get some answers here :-).

In a attribute should be saved text, but that could be about 1 to 3 pages of.
text. Is it possible to do that?
What would be the description for the attribute?

It would be german text, so we have to use specially german letters. How
should be the description for the attribute?

The objects could be about 1000 numbers. Could 1 openldap-server
manage that?

How will be the performance, when about 600 person will use the database
each 3 times a day (only reading)?

Thanks for helping,
Werner