Re: Is the Redhat's openldap distribution broken?

tor, 25.11.2004 kl. 18.03 skrev Bruno Negrão:

> Still in this thread: I'm trying to set up the "database monitor" here in
> my red hat linux.
> It is falling, the daemon can't initialize and i'm receiving the following
> error message:
>
> Starting slapd: Unrecognized database type (monitor)
>                                                            [FAILED]
>
> Does someone know if RH rpms weren't compiled with the
> "configure --enable-monitor" option??

Well, I did warn you in another, detailed, thread, today, what you could
expect if you insisted on using RedHat's implementation of Openldap. It
isn't pleasant reading, so you'd best avoid it.

--Tonni

--
The bottom line is, that after setting the cart among the pigeons, at the
end of the day I can see the carrot at the end of the tunnel

mail: tonye@billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl

They love us, don't they, They feed us, won't they ...