Re: Why private messages are likely to get private replies (Was: How to execute a program after every change in the Directory?)

--On Wednesday, November 24, 2004 5:01 PM -0200 Andreas Hasenack <andreas@conectiva.com.br> wrote:

On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 07:44:02PM +0100, Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
Bruno Negrão wrote:

>> Ok but, what about "overlay" and "SLAPI"? Where can i learn about
>> them?
>
> For overlays, the question has been answered many times, you can
> search the archives.  For SLAPI, in principle thet follow Netscape's
> API, so search the archives for pointers to that topic.  If you want
> to hire someone to develop overlays for your purposes, you can contact
> my employer at info@sys-net.it

I have no problem in continuing this discussion in an open forum.  You
contacted me privately to ask about something I already discussed on the
forum.  Apart from giving you the essential directions to available

May I suggest configuring the mailing list manager to force a reply-to header to the list address. I also had this problem in many lists with personal replies and in the end it was just because people hit the reply button instead of group-reply or something similar.

I generally set a reply-to header when posting to lists in my mail client (automatically via "identities") but the really determined still completely ignore it and reply to me directly. I eventually set my "from" to be the list as well. :P Although after rebuilding my computer and reinstalling everything, I haven't redone that.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer