Why private messages are likely to get private replies (Was: How to execute a program after every change in the Directory?)

Bruno Negrão wrote:

Ok but, what about "overlay" and "SLAPI"? Where can i learn about them?

For overlays, the question has been answered many times, you can search the archives. For SLAPI, in principle thet follow Netscape's API, so search the archives for pointers to that topic. If you want to hire someone to develop overlays for your purposes, you can contact my employer at info@sys-net.it

I have no problem in continuing this discussion in an open forum. You contacted me privately to ask about something I already discussed on the forum. Apart from giving you the essential directions to available information (I dont' have anything special about either; asking on the forum could have lead to more valuable answers), the only reason of privately continuing the discussion for me was to see if you had any intention of hiring myself (not a good idea, especially at my working email address) or contracting my employer to get help with your issue. It is now clear that this was not your intention, so I'm still puzzled about the reason you contacted me privately. I hope this is clear, and I hope it's clear (speaking about myself, but I assume many others have the same policy) that no aswer is due to anybody, either in the forum or privately. All answers are on a voluntary basis (on the forum); private answers are for charge, especially if they imply digging freely available and well known documentation out of publicly available repositories you've been clearly directed to, or, as in your case, in developing custom (likely of no general interest) code.

p.