Importing entries from AD to OpenLDAP

Hi,

I looked through the archives but didn't find any recent post about
importing directory entries from AD into OpenLDAP so thought I'd post
a message.

One solution would be to specify a list of attribute mappings and
apply these mappings to convert an LDIF export from AD into an LDIF
that can be imported into OpenLDAP. However, there might be some
complications. Specifically, I feel it might be complicated to resolve
the different "classes" of objects in AD into equivalent OpenLDAP
object classes since AD uses an "objectCategory" attribute in addition
to an "objectClass" attribute (as in OpenLDAP). Therefore the mapping
file may need to be more complicated than a simple attribute mapping.

My question therefore is, are there any cheap/free tools out there
that already do this type of transfer, or are there any alternatives?
If not, is there already a default mapping specification that exists
between the two?

Thanks in advance! :)

Safdar