Re: How to execute a program after every change in the Directory?

* Pierangelo Masarati <ando@sys-net.it> [1127 14:27]:
> Bruno Negr?o wrote:
>

> >>I want to execute a script every time my Directory changes, can someone
> >>give me a clue of a good practice for doing this?
> >

> >I'd like do do something like slurpd does - monitoring the replication
> >log and read the changes from there. What do you think of this strategy?
>
> The replog is periodically erased by slurpd as soon as an entry has been
> dealt with.  You need to ensure you get to every change before slurpd
> cleans it up.

Well, you could not run slurpd as a daemon, and have your monitor kick it
off in one-shot mode before it exits.

Better be sure not to crash half way through, of course...
--
The State is the kind of organization which, though it does big things
badly, does small things badly too. - John Kenneth Galbraith