Re: running out of file descriptors

--On Tuesday, November 23, 2004 12:33 PM -0800 John Woodell <woodie@worldpac.com> wrote:

Just to be clear, I MUST upgade before "idletimeout" will help this
problem?

I'm running openldap-2.0.27, with hundreds of Mozilla Thunderbird
clients.
We started to notice that our OpenLDAP server was running out of file
descriptors.

An upgrade and defining "idletimeout" in slapd.conf will fix this problem. Note that a 2.0 to 2.2 upgrade is not trivial.

If 2.0 supports the idletimeout directive, you can try it. I first started using the 2.1 release, so I'm not certain what features 2.0 does and doesn't support.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer