Re: OS suggestions

I know no one has tried this but....

I would install Gentoo and then create your own rsync mirror which the
Gentoo boxes would rsync with. Then to do updates as you use portage

emerge --sync && emerge -uD world

While Gentoo is not a production Dist, you would make it that by
controlling the packages available to it with the rsync mirror. That
way you can test new packages extensively before you put them out.
Then once you put them on your rysnc mirror all your boxes will get
them on the next update (which I do automatically with cron.)

Why goto to all this work? Because you get to use Portage (in alot of
opinions the best package management tool out there...) in a
production environment. Not to mention you have total control of the
packages and everything updates automatically... And everything is
built from source...

Brock

--
"There is one and only one social responsibility of business - to use
its resources and engage in activities designed to increase its