Re: OpenLDAP 2.2 and BDB not listening...

--On Tuesday, November 23, 2004 1:09 PM +1030 James Wilson <james.wilson77@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi All,

We have a production LDAP server running the following:

db4-4.2.52-6
openldap-servers-2.2.13-2

Everything was working fine with a BDB backend.  Now all of a sudden,
the slapd service starts, but the deamon is not listening on port 389

We are exhibiting the same problem as thos following poster:

http://lists.slug.org.au/archives/slug/2003/07/msg00274.html

Can anyone shed some light?

It basically stalls here:

slapcat startup: initiated.
backend_startup: starting "dc=sa,dc=edu,dc=au"
bdb_db_open: dc=sa,dc=edu,dc=au
bdb_db_open: dbenv_open(/var/lib/ldap)

Have you run db_recover when slapd isn't running?

I assume that version of BDB 4.2 has the Sleepycat patches applied.

Note that 2.2.13 is rather old.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount