Re: Master and Slave (and the other way around) [auf Viren überprüft]

Kevin Spicer schrieb das Folgende am 19.11.2004 10:36:

I'm just in the process of doing this myself, and it works fine in my
test setup.
Ok, sounds great. Thank you - and Dieter.

Your configuration below isn't quite correct though.  You
need to put the central (superior) database at the end of the database
definitions, you also need to add the 'subordinate' directive to each of
the other databases.
I'll try. I just pasted together parts of the manual to illustrate my plan. Thanks for advice.

I don't know about slurpd replication though, I'm using syncrepl for
replication.
Anyone?

slurp vs. syncrepl:
Are there the same (or other) restrictions for a syncrepl-slave as for a slurp-slave or are there at least just advantages?
IHMO both are "one-way-replication"-systems master -> slave. The servers are not equivalent: server1 <-> server2. Am I right?

Hans