Re: Failed replicating to Active Directory

Harry Sufehmi wrote:

Thanks everyone for the useful responses. I've documented this topic here:
http://www.harrysufehmi.com/phpwiki/index.php/OpenLDAPinteroperability#ol-to-ad

However, I still have one problem with it - slurpd failed to replicate with the following error message:

"TLS certificate verification: Error, unable to get local issuer certificate"

More details attached to this post.

The following is the relevant parts of my slapd.conf :
=======================
TLSCipherSuite          HIGH:MEDIUM:+SSLv3
TLSCertificateFile      /etc/keys/openldap1-server-crt.pem
TLSCertificateKeyFile   /etc/keys/private/openldap1-server-key.pem
TLSCACertificateFile    /etc/keys/cacert.pem
TLSVerifyClient allow

replica         uri=ldaps://10.11.20.13:636
                binddn="cn=administrator,cn=users,dc=bcc,dc=test"
                bindmethod=sasl saslmech=GSSAPI
replogfile      /usr/local/openldap/var/openldap-replog
=======================

The CA certificate is in /etc/keys/cacert.pem, with 644 permission.

According to various sources on Internet, that error message means that slurpd wasn't able to find the CA certificate.
However:
# it's in the right location
# it's got the right permission
# I'm quite sure that it's the right certificate extracted from the Certificate Authority

I'm fresh out of ideas at the moment, so I really appreciate it if anyone can throw some more clues to my direction.

slurpd is an LDAP client. As such, it derives its basic LDAP configuration information from the ldap.conf file, not slapd.conf. Set the TLS_CACERT directive in /usr/local/openldap/ldap.conf and you should be fine.

--
 -- Howard Chu