RE: Web Interface to add new users..

tor, 18.11.2004 kl. 06.10 skrev Ow Mun Heng:

> If I needed to _batch_ add users, what are my choices?
>
> I'm thinking of making a bash script that will populate into a LDIF
> template and then cat >> into it before using ldapadd to import it.
>
> Maybe there's a more elegent solution?

I had to populate a replicated DIT with 1150+ users with a number of
objectclasses and attributes from a list of first, middle and last names
producing every thinkable lexical combination of that name to go into
the attributes and ended up by learning awk (Internet, no book). In 4
days I'd produced a script that I still use to make a standard ldif.
awk's very powerful for US ASCII, but at least gawk can't cope with UTF
encodings.

Let me know off list if you want the script.

--Tonni

--

mail: tonye@billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl

They love us, don't they, They feed us, won't they ...