Re: configure: error: Could not locate Cyrus SASL

--On Wednesday, November 17, 2004 5:00 PM +0100 Martin Ebnöther <m.ebnoether@gpstechnik.ch> wrote:

Hi all.

I seem to be not able to compile OpenLDAP with Cyrus SASL.
I have Solaris 8 on a Sparc V210 and have the GCC2 installed
from Blastwave.

I configured Cyrus SASL 2.1.19 like this:
./configure --with-ldap --with-openssl=/usr/local/ssl/ --with-mysql
--enable-plain --enable-saslauthd

So it installed the includes to /usr/local/include/sasl and
the libs to /usr/local/lib/sasl2 .

Then I unpacked OpenLDAP 2.2.17 and tried to configure it:
./configure --enable-ldap --with-cyrus-sasl --enable-slapd
--with-openssl=/usr/local/ssl

It aborted with the error message shown below

checking for sasl/sasl.h... yes
checking for sasl.h... yes
checking for sasl_client_init in -lsasl2... no
checking for sasl_client_init in -lsasl... no
configure: error: Could not locate Cyrus SASL

Any hints, what I missed?

I suggest reading the "config.log" file generated by configure. See if it found your SASL libraries, but hit an error (undefined symbols, etc) when trying to build with it. If so, you need to resolve those errors first. If that isn't the problem, I suggest reading through my pages, as I build OpenLDAP with Cyrus-SASL on Solaris routinely.

<http://www.stanford.edu/services/directory/openldap/configuration/>

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount