Group/membership storage methods and traversal

Hi,

I have a few questions about groups that I haven't been able to find
in the archives and was hoping someone might have an idea ...

1)  Is it legal to specify the dns of other groupOfNames or
groupOfUniqueNames entries as members of an openLDAP group? (i.e. can
we have nested groups?)

2) Are there any openLDAP-specific APIs in JNDI (for example, Sun has
a package that supports SUN DS groups etc.) to traverse groups (and
nested groups, if applicable) to reach the terminal entries without
explicitly doing the membership extraction in our code?

Thanks in advance! :)

Safdar