Re: BerkeleyDB.4.3.21

--On Saturday, November 13, 2004 12:39 AM +0200 Buchan Milne <bgmilne@obsidian.co.za> wrote:

Dieter Kluenter wrote:
| Hello,
| I just wonder wether it would be worthwhile do download
| BerkeleyDB-4.3.21. Could the current OpenLDAP release be compiled with
| new bdb version?

Yes, but you may need a patch, mine is here:
http://cvs.mandrakesoft.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/contrib-SPECS/openldap2.2/
openldap-2.2.18-db4.3.patch?rev=1.1&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

You should run autoconf after applying the patch.

Yes, openldap2.2 in cooker is compiled with an internal copy of db-4.3,
no I have not tested it yet ....

This patch is not enough. There are several patches to the OpenLDAP HEAD Branch that need to be applied as well.

Also note that on Solaris at least, OpenLDAP has to link against -lrt in addition to everything it normally links against for BDB to work correctly.

I didn't have that problem with Linux.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount