Re: version 2.1.29 vs 2.2.13

--On Friday, November 12, 2004 3:21 PM -0600 Justin Crabtree <crabtrej@otc.edu> wrote:

Our current production servers are running Fedora Core 2 with Openldap
2.1.29.  We have been having problems getting replication to work between
them.  I setup a couple of test servers running Fedora Core 3 with
Openldap 2.2.13.  Replication works without any problems on the test
servers with the same settings currently not working on production.   Is
there that much difference between these two versions?  At this point, I
am ready to dump 2.1.29 and upgrade to 2.2.13.

OpenLDAP 2.2.13 is a bit out of date, I suggest upgrading to at least OpenLDAP 2.2.17 (current stable release). OpenLDAP 2.2 overall is faster than OpenLDAP 2.1 when used with the BDB or HDB backends.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer