From: owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
[mailto:owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org] On Behalf Of Josh Howe
Sent: Friday, November 12, 2004 3:18 AM
To: OpenLDAP-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: install problem

Ok, so I'm probably not really qualified to install openldap, but I'm
the only person at my organization with the time and inclination. So
please bear with me if my question is stupid. I run the configure
script, and I get this error:

configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler
cannot create executables.

Now I'm pretty sure this is a problem with my linux installation and not
with openldap, but doing a google search hasn't really helped me, so I
was hoping someone on this list could help. TIA!!