Re: install problem

Josh Howe wrote:
Ok, so I'm probably not really qualified to install openldap, but I'm
the only person at my organization with the time and inclination. So
please bear with me if my question is stupid. I run the configure
script, and I get this error:

configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler
cannot create executables.

Now I'm pretty sure this is a problem with my linux installation and not
with openldap, but doing a google search hasn't really helped me, so I
was hoping someone on this list could help. TIA!!

As someone in a similar situation, I would recommend finding a prebuilt package for your OS. Makes installation and maintenance much easier if the version your OS uses works for your needs.

Don't have any experience with building openldap from source, but if you need to compile it from source, check what C compiler the version of openldap you are using requires and make sure it is installed. If it is, the problem is likely that the configure script can't find where it is installed. Perhaps someone with more knowledge than me can give a more helpful answer.

Justin Crabtree
Java Programmer
Ozarks Technical Community College
799-1573