Re: replication problems

Justin Crabtree wrote:

Here is the replica section of my slapd.conf if it helps.

# Replicas of this database #replogfile /var/lib/ldap/replica/slurpd.replog replogfile /var/lib/ldap/openldap-master-replog replica host=ldap2.otc.edu:389 suffix="dc=otc,dc=edu" binddn=(rootdn) credentials=(rootdn password) bindmethod=simple attr!=entryCSN attr!=modifiersName attr!=modifyTimestamp

replica host=ldap4.otc.edu:389
        suffix="dc=otc,dc=edu"
        binddn=(rootdn)
        credentials=(rootdn password)
        bindmethod=simple
        attr!=entryCSN
        attr!=modifiersName
    attr!=modifyTimestamp

I added the attr!= directives because slurpd wouldn't replicate those attributes. Here is a section my replogfile after running the perl script.

I think you should first remove the "attr!=" directives, since slapd/slurpd is supposed (and known) to work happily without them. I don't know if this has anything to do with your problem, but it's going to be another step towards a well-configured system.

p.