Re: Will rewrite context in slapd.conf solve my problem?

> Eep. Thanks for the advice. Stupid broken LDAP clients...
>
> Is there any way for OpenLDAP to just ignore that incoming DN and use
> the correct DN as default? It seems another sys admin of mine had QMP
> working with some older version of OpenLDAP where it didn't seem to
> have minded a weird DN like that.
>
> I can't try it, but it looked like suffixAlias would have been able to
> do this with older builds of slapd. Am I correct in assuming that?

DN rewrite is just a more powerful implementation of suffixAlias; the
problem is the same: the sanity of the incoming DN is checked before any
backend-related operation, including optional DN mucking, takes place.
Sorry.

p.

--
Pierangelo Masarati