Extending Schema in OpenLDAP

Hello,
I am trying to write a custom schema for my directory for the first
time. I have referred to this doc:

http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin22/schema.html

and I believe I'm doing everything correctly. I have started out
small, but I cannot seem to make the attributetype or objectclass that
I create 'appear' in any client software.

Here is the schema file that I have created:

attributeType ( 1.1.2.1.1
        NAME 'logicpdLastLogin'
        DESC 'indicates when the user last logged in'
        SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.27 )

objectClass ( 1.1.2.2.1
        NAME 'logicpdRegisteredUser'
        DESC 'registered kit or card engine customer'
        SUP inetOrgPerson
        STRUCTURAL
        MAY ( logicpdLastLogin ) )

And then I include this in my slapd.conf and restart the server. I get
no error messages, but I seem to be unable to use this object class or
attribute from php, or using SoftTerra LDAP Administrator.

I have tried with these dead space numbers, as well as with my
organization's private enterprise number. Neither work.

Is there something I'm missing???

Thanks,

Erik
--