Re: proxycache with error 'no objectClass attribute'

Jay zh wrote:

I add all the other lost attributes into proxy server's schema, and the result is the same as searching the destination server directly.

After putting the original config back and adding my own objectClass schema into proxy server's slapd.conf, the problem is resolved.

That is, LDAP proxy will first translate the results returned from the destination server. If attributes are not defined in proxy server's local schema, they will be removed. Only attributes that proxy server knows return to the client. Is it right?

Right.

Why not return to the client directly and need to filter? I don't know the original thinking about the design of LDAP proxy. Is there any document or url described about this? I have read http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/532.html and slapd-ldap(5). Do I miss some FAQs?

Information that back-ldap processes all needs to be normalized so that it can be manipulated by the other functions in slapd. Normalization will only succeed if the information conforms to known schema. All backends are subject to this constraint.

--
 -- Howard Chu