Nortel VPN Schema for Openldap

All,

Let me preface this by saying that I'm not an expert with Openldap, but
I am learning as I go. Neither am I a novice. Just a working Joe looking
for some guidance in new territory.

My company has tasked me with creating an ldap server that will
authenticate user's accessing our corporate VPN. Along with the
authentication, we will be capturing device names and a few other facts.
Nothing extravagant, just generic info gathering and authentication.

To test possibilities, I built a Mandrake Linux box and slapped on
Openldap performed the config then tightened up the box. The service
runs great.

The problem I appear to have consists of obtaining the data from the VPN
server. For VPN, we use Nortel Networks VPN server which includes a
version of the Netscape ldap server. That version of ldap does not
appear to be compatible with Openldap nor does there appear to be a easy
conversion between the two. Has anyone had any luck with migrating from
NDS to Openldap? As it stands, it appears I'll have to build a schema to
perform the migration, however, I'm not that experienced with ldap so
this is sure to be a long project.

Any answers or pointers to guides that anyone could provide would be
greatly appreciated.

Thank you all in advance,
Preston
pwdavis1@cox.net