Re: ssl ldap certs...

--On Wednesday, November 03, 2004 2:01 PM +0000 Ronan <r.mcglue@qub.ac.uk> wrote:

I am writing an ldap client to connect to an Active Directory server over
ssl. I have installed the certificate on the server, but from reading the
documentation i need a client certificate as well.

The initialising method requires (as a paramaeter) the path to the
certificate database and optionally the path to the key db...
cert7(8?).db and key3.db
ive read that i can https://ldapserver:636 to get the cert stored in a
browser(firefox) then copy the 2 files to the directory im executing my
code from... is this possible???

where can i obtain / generate these 2 files (if necessary) from?

any info or urls on this would be much appreciated..

This list is for the discussion of OpenLDAP software, not Active Directory. You should take your question to an AD related discussion forum.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer