Re: Auto-detecting base DN?

Misty Stanley-Jones wrote:

Hi,

Several applications that I use with LDAP (Windows Address Book, PhpLDAPAdmin, and others) claim that they can auto-detect the base DN. However, with OpenLDAP they don't work, I have to put it in by hand. Is there some setting in slapd.conf that will make this auto-detecting work? I haven't been able to find anything about it.

Basically, it's the value of the "namingContexts" attribute in the rootDSE (entry with empty DN which must be searched with a scope of "base"). Of course those apps that claim that should know that "namingContexts" is an operational attribute, so it must be explicitly requested...

p.