Re: proxycache with error 'no objectClass attribute'

> I have tried to remove all maps , but the error was still the same.
> Doesn't it need to use index in in LDAP backend? I follow this guideline
> and
> it has index. So I copy it :-)
> http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin22/proxycache.html

Of course, but the indices refer to the underlying bdb of the proxy cache,
the back-ldap has no notion of indexing.  There is no reason to use the
proxycache without indices because for many queries it's likely to be as
slow as the proxy itself, if not slower.

>>In any case, I see from the logs that the original query evaluates to
>>CACHEABLE and is actually cached (mayb it fails because "objectClass" is
>>missing? Subsequent queries evaluate to ANSWERABLE, so I guess they get
>>answered, unless the caching actually failed.
>>

> Yes, first search was cached, but second and later queries the server
> returned err=32 (no such object)

What is the proxy returning for that query, __without__ the proxy cache?

p.

--
Pierangelo Masarati
mailto:pierangelo.masarati@sys-net.it