Re: Is there a best OS to run OpenLDAP ?

--On Wednesday, October 27, 2004 8:14 PM -0400 Christopher Hicks <chicks@chicks.net> wrote:

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
Symas is currently engaged in doing benchmarks of its CDS product (based
on OpenLDAP) on various OS's.  So far, Linux strongly outperforms
Solaris, and a benchmark of AIX is in the works.

Has BSD been included in the mix?

Not at this time, but we can examine including it. Darwin (OS X) in particular is one we will likely benchmark, and it is based on FreeBSD.

The results of the benchmarks will be making their way onto the Symas
site (http://www.symas.com) in the near future.

That's cool. Thanks.

The benchmarks are linked in now. Currently the Solaris vs. Linux comparison is available, and the Netscape vs CDS (based on OpenLDAP) should be up in the near future.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Product Engineer