Schema Design Question

I was glad to see an earlier post requesting help in the early stages of
designing a directory.  I am at a similar stage and am looking for help on
designing schema extensions for a "citizen" oriented model.   I work for
city government and am looking to provide a directory that can be used for
organizing contact information for citizens.  Has anyone seen any
published design work in this area?  The EduPerson Object Class
specification (university - student) is akin to something I would want in
my (government - citizen) model.

The main goal now is contact information not user-authentication (maybe
down the road).  The standard LDAP schema *implies* some sort of umbrella
organization (typically a company).  But I am sure "city" "citizen" could
be analogous organizations.  But the place where I need help is when it
comes to defining additional attributes such as "District" and
"communityrole" (councilman, blockwatch leader....).

any help would be greatly appreciated