More how to's ?

Hello,

I am currently looking into LDAP as a means for our authentication methods. We need to provide an authentication method for a large amount of users (10,000 plus).

At the moment one use would be for e-mail, we are setting up a large amount of IMAP servers and would like a centralized authentication method.

I have downloaded the OpenLDAP 2.2 Administrator's Guide and am currently reading it.

Put I have some out standing questions, if there is any other documentation I should be reading could you please provide a link or document name.

Questions:

1. Mail store directory ?
With LDAP I understand that a user can authenticate their POP3 / IMAP connection if the IMAP / POP3 server supports LDAP as a method. Would a LDAP entry / setting also provide the directory / location of the users mailbox store ?

2. Is there a limit to the number of "Organization" that a LDAP server can have ? The one example in the documentation is "dc=example,dc=com" with a Organizational Unit of "ou=People".

Could I create a Organization for each domain we have on a single LDAP server ? I would assume yes.

Thanks -- again any more documentation that you can point my way would be great.

--
Michael Gale
Lan Administrator

The best part is when the people who know the least are the ones ranting and raving.