Re: multiple masters - is it stable and official?

Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:
At 01:31 PM 10/27/2004, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:

I was looking for a solution to my problem (described in "" from ) and I found this post http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200210/msg00328.html - it's about having multiple masters (change in one of them would be propagated to all other masters).
As this thread was two years old, here comes my question: is it possible to have multiple OpenLDAP masters? Is the code stable, or do one still have to change the sources to be able to run "multiple masters / multimasters"?

There are remnants of experimental multi-master code in OpenLDAP
Software.  I know little of it, I ignore it.

Remnants? So the whole idea was just abandoned?
Even "OpenLDAP 2.2 Administrator's Guide" says something like "slapd also includes experimental support for multi-master replication" (chapter 1.6).

So what's up with this multiple masters? Is it abandoned (as Kurt seems to indicate) or is it "working, but experimental" (as in the Admin's Guide)?

Tomek