multiple masters - is it stable and official?

Hello,

I was looking for a solution to my problem (described in "" from ) and I found this post http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200210/msg00328.html - it's about having multiple masters (change in one of them would be propagated to all other masters).

As this thread was two years old, here comes my question: is it possible to have multiple OpenLDAP masters? Is the code stable, or do one still have to change the sources to be able to run "multiple masters / multimasters"?

Tomek