Re: OpenLDAP Replication - Trust or not to Trust?

Alex Franko wrote:
But the sequence is broken at the beginning on step (b). The Client receives referral, and exits with the error message:
ldap_perror
ldap_add: Referral (10)
referrals:
ldap://127.0.0.1:389/o=myorg,c=US
ldap_unbind
ldap_free_request (origid 2, msgid 2)
ldap_free_connection
ldap_send_unbind;
why don't you catch that error, take the referral and do a rebind? AFAIK, there is no "trust" between the master and the slave. Generally speaken, you cannot assume that a set of credentials that works for the slave will also work for the master (if credentials are stored in the DIT itself it is very likely though). The original question probably was if the library can do this for you and I must admit here: I don't know ;) (reading Kurts reply I guess it wont).

greetings
 Paul