Re: OpenLDAP Replication - Trust or not to Trust?

A developer may implement an LDAP client by writing a
program that uses the LDAP and LBER libraries.  When the
program is ran, it becomes a LDAP client.  ldapmodify(1)
is such a program.

The LDAP/LBER libraries implement interfaces (functions)
which the developer may use to implement a program that
automatically chases referrals.

In implementing automatic referral chasing, one has to
be very careful about trust relationships.  Trusting a
server enough to issue a request to it says nothing
about whether one trusts returned referral information,
nor does it say wether one trusts another server.

Kurt