Re: acl based sizelimit directive

Quoting Mark Hendricks <Mark.Hendricks@humboldt.edu>:

> Hello,
>
> I am running openldap-2.1.3.0.
> I have used the sizelimit directive to limit the number of returns.
>
> I like this feature and want to keep it, however I have some
> users/applications that need to access the entire directory.
>
> I would like to give them read only access to the entire directory with
> no sizelimit.
>
> I have seen posts indicating that it is possible to do this but no
> examples.

This is the 2.2 version for a group.  Note that 2.1 doesn't support group
based limits.

limits group="cn=ldapadmin,cn=applications,dc=stanford,dc=edu" time.soft=-1
time.hard=-1 size.soft=- 1 size.hard=-1

This is the 2.2 version for an exact dn (user).  It may be slightly
different for 2.1.

limits dn.exact="cn=athletics,cn=service,cn=applications,dc=stanford,dc=edu"
time.soft=-1 time.hard=-1 size.soft=-1 size.hard=-1

--Quanah