Re: BDB Corruption...

Tony Earnshaw wrote:

ons, 20.10.2004 kl. 17.36 skrev Jehan PROCACCIA:

If you wish, I have relocatable openldap 2.2.17 source RPM package at
http://www.int-evry.fr/mci/user/procacci/SRPMS/

"If you wish": "S'il te plait", "s'il tu le veux", "s'il t'aide"?

your french is better than my english ! for me "if you wish" means "si tu le veux" = "it's up to you " ;-)

And Fedora Core 2 binary RPM packages at
http://www.int-evry.fr/mci/user/procacci/SRPMS/FC2

for instructions, see readme-jehan.txt enclosed int the rpm.

I've long seen and admired your efforts to help others with cross-platform rpms; thanks on behalf of all of us. I've always been a go-it-aloner since my SCO OpenServer 5.0 days, years ago: "I'll do it in spite of you, you bastards", and that's carried on right to today.

I've got a machine that I can put Fedora Core 3 on. For OL 2.2.17 it
will have to have BDB 4.2.52/2 as a standard header and lib choice,
Cyrus SASL 2.1.18/19, openssl 0.9.7d, ldapdb auxprop, Postfix 2.1.5/TLS/SASL, Courier IMAP
3.0.8/maildrop 1.7 with Openldap support. I'll be having to compile my
own dspam 3 and install and configuring my own amavisd-new 2.1 with ldap
support and all the cpan-based Perl support for it (not a little). And
(Python 2band C) pykota print quota software with LDAP support. Do you
do all those rpms as well? Does anyone?
[...]

I just keep on having openldap RPMs uptodate just for test purposes, I realized that it saves me time to upgrade my rpm spec file rather than going in the traditional configure/make/make install process. It also keeps my machine configuration rather clean as everything I do is "rpm modifiable"

after having exclusively used heavily hacked/customised redhat for years and
years, i switched this year to suse. Suse Linux Enterprise Server 9 has
OpenLdap2.2 as standard, more than that it uses it as the standard backend for
users, groups AND a lot of the system configuration. I have a 2-server cluster
with near-realtime journalled replication, a decent FS (Reiser!), failover
host/service/network clustering, and DHCP, DDNS, Samba PDC, SMTP/IMAP, HTTP all
using a openldap backend for auth/config. This is without a single line of
custom/compiled code or config, all configured through a GUI (well, a couple of
lines of cluster stuff by hand).

[...]

And of course, SuSE's Enterprise Linux (God bless Novell and all Provos)
supplies all of the above, out of the box. Why the hell use Openldap
when there's eDirectory: A far superior product, is it not?

--Tonni